Facial Eczema season continues with high counts on the majority of our Monitor Farms.
April 5, 2019
Grass samples tested this week from the MVS Monitor Farms have shown the following:
- Hinuera Monitor Farm – 106,700 spores/gram
- Matamata Monitor Farm – 56,700 spores/gram
- Te Poi Monitor Farm – 46,700 spores/gram
- Tirau Monitor Farm – 83,300 spores/gram
- Walton Monitor Farm – 10,000 spores/gram
Again, as expected we are seeing big variations in spore counts. The Walton Monitor Farm remains low again this week, whilst others stay high or have increased. In addition we are now seeing clinical Facial Eczema cases out on farms which are treating with zinc. If you have any concerns about your treatment programs, blood sampling 10-15 animals to verify serum zinc levels can set your mind at rest.
We recommend you continue to implement your Facial Eczema prevention plans, unless you know your spore counts are consistently low.
Phone Abby and Gavin in our Retail Team on 07 888 8197 to pre-order your Zinc boluses now.