Spore count bulletin – Low pasture covers still have spore counts present
February 7, 2020
Grass samples tested this week from the MVS Monitor Farms have shown the following:
- Hinuera Monitor Paddocks – 3,000 spores/gram
- Matamata Monitor Paddocks – 3,000 spores/gram
- Te Poi Monitor Paddocks – 10,000 spores/gram
- Tirau Monitor Paddocks – 13,300 spores/gram
- Walton Monitor Paddocks – 1,600 spores/grams
Spore counts appear to have lowered slightly based on the results of monitor paddocks this week.
As the dry weather continues, we expect trends to show this more “stable” pattern. The most important thing to realise is that all farms are different with 22 samples tested this week ranging from Zero to 65,000 spores per gram.
Based on this, we recommend checking spore counts on your farm to ensure you know your level of risk.
Did you know that we can assist you with zinc bolusing?
MVS Technicians are taking bookings now. Give us a call on 07 888 8197.