Vets are essential services so this is what it will look like at MVS under Level 4 of COVID-19
March 25, 2020
VETS are an essential service and we have been told to continue business as usual but with some obvious changes to facilitate social distancing….
Following on from our last communication confirming that we are an essential service, we wish to provide further information to Dairy and Livestock farmers on our operations going forward.
- On farm visits are to continue largely as normal but without person to person contact. Please ensure a 2m distance is maintained at all times and that we have easy access to clean water allowing us to be able to wash hands as required.
- Milk Quality Consultations and RVM Authorisations are now to be conducted either over the phone or via video conferencing if both parties are set to do this. These are considered as crucial to ensuring our continued ability to supply milk and animal products of the highest standard to local and international markets, with emphasis in particular on sustainable use of Antimicrobials and Animal Welfare.
- We are still supplying a full range of Animal Health Products and essential Small Animal Services again with obvious changes aimed at eliminating person to person contact so clinic/shop doors are closed from 5.00pm today. We ask you to phone the clinic prior to arriving, which will enable us to get you the correct advice and assistance you require. We have been using our ‘drive through’ system mentioned in our previous bulletin and it has has been functioning well since Monday. The following are the steps you need to take to use this system with minimal disruption to you:
MVS drive through collection area protocol:
1. Call the clinic and place your order of required supplies.
2. We will provide you with a bin number.
3. Enter the clinic area between Ag-Worx and MVS and drive past the two roller doors on the right.
4. At the back of the clinic just as you turn right through the carpark, behind the clinic there is a collection area with numbered green bins in which you will find your order.
When collecting larger orders such as Mineral blends, Dry Cow and Teatseal, we will ask you to pull up near the collection area and call the clinic to say you have arrived. Our staff will then bring your order out to your car.
Thank you for your understanding in these extraordinary times.