What are spore counts doing on your farm?
February 14, 2020
Grass samples tested this week from the MVS Monitor Farms have shown the following:
- Hinuera Monitor Paddocks – 5,000 spores/gram
- Matamata Monitor Paddocks – 1,600 spores/gram
- Te Poi Monitor Paddocks – 26,600 spores/gram
- Tirau Monitor Paddocks – No spores seen
- Walton Monitor Paddocks – 23,000 spores/grams
This week we have only received pasture samples from monitor farms.
With a reduced number of samples it is difficult to comment on specific risk for individual farms. Again, we encourage farmers to submit grass samples to determine spore counts on their farm, before making major changes to zinc treatments.