Matamata Veterinary Services | Latest News

Latest News

Considering drying off due to the drought?

February 27, 2013

The continuing dry weather is forcing many of you to consider drying off part of or the whole herd very shortly.

Our vets are under time pressure at the moment with pregnancy scanning and will find it difficult to conduct Milk Quality/RVM Consults for many of you prior to drying off, especially if you are considering doing it in the next two weeks.

If you have not had a consultation, but are considering drying off shortly, please let us know and one of our vets will contact you to have a brief discussion about your best options around dry cow therapy products to use and other new information.

Please also let our retail team know of your intentions a day or two prior to pick up and they will attempt to get your product requirements ready for you prior to coming in. This will ensure a shorter wait time for you at the front counter.

Once our veterinary work pressure eases we will have a thorough milk quality consultation, ensuring all bases are covered.